Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Without Him...



It has been a few weeks again since I posted anything, and I swear I am going to get better at this during the coming year. I even have a "Blogging for Dummies" book next to me as I type this. I would blog more if I could manuever around my blog and make it prettier. It's a mess right now but I am going to improve.

Christmas this year was so uneventful for us because as you know, Mike is gone to Afghanistan. We did away with our 12 Days of Christmas tradition because Brit's best friend is living with us and frankly, I could not afford to do it for both of them. So, for this year it is on hiatus.

Christmas seemed to sneak up on me this year. I feel robbed of the season. We have so many traditions that we normally do that we did not get to partake in and I was distraught about the idea of not being with family. We left Missouri early because of a family situation and because of that it caused alot of hurt feelings and bad circumstances all around. I am praying that in this new year all can be forgiven.

Christmas morning itself the girls were begging to open one gift one midnight after midnight, so about seven p.m. I gave into the pleas. Brit opened a WII remote and Ilona opened a Coach ID holder. The next morning was filled with the other gifts including Brittany receiving her beloved hot pink Coach bag from her Daddy. He wanted to get her something from him but could not order and ship it in time so as I was shopping he called me and we picked it out together. She adores it. And I am certain every time she looks at it she thinks of the man in the far away land that she calls Dad.



We spent Christmas afternoon with the families of two of the girls from my book club here on post that myself and another girl started Fort Bragg Army Wives Book Club. We have over twenty members now and I am so excited for what 2011 will bring to us. I am hoping to start hosting give aways and such with these activities monthly. Two of my better friends here at Bragg, Lisa and Heidi are two of the other original members and I love them for sharing their Christmas with my family.

The other magical thing that happened this holiday season is that we had a White Christmas. It snowed Christmas evening and all night long to create a winter wonderland that we all went and played in the next day for a couple of hours. We had a lot of fun making different snowmen and playing. Some of us even had trouble walking in it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment