Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It has become easier to do this...here I go again!

Brit and her Daddy at Sea World watching the Believe Show. UNBELIEVABLE!
Brittany and her Daddy in front of the Castle at Disney World.
My love and myself at DisneyWorld. I have my Minnie Mouse outfit on :)
Port Orleans at Riverside in Walt Disney World.

Apparently Blogspot has decided to become user friendly-halleluiah after all these months I can update regularly with pictures and such. As you all know Mike had R and R in April and we spent alot of much needed time together. The first day he was home or the first few hours, I just stared at him. To believe he was here was a dream, I just did not want to be pinched or awoken. I am still that wife that gets butterflies when I see my husband walk in a room. It has not always been that way, don't get me wrong, we are not mushy mushy "perfect couple" love but we are in love.Now, keep in mind we have been together for eleven years and married ten of those years. There have been many ups and downs and I regret several things in my past with Michael, however, I will not regret marrying this handsome soldier.

Our R and R started out with a dinner to Aspen Creek to fill his belly full of yummy goodness at this new steak house in Fayetteville. I just wanted to jump into that booth and kiss his face but I refrained. Ha!

When I took him home to see his dogs for the first time, it was pure bliss. Sidney hyperventilated and just started freaking out and I swear that dog was smiling. Rusty being the follower, just starts jumping around like Tigger does on Winnie the Pooh. Tazz A Lou began meowing for the first time in six months. Remember Taz is a dog, not a kitty but he meows. Weirdest thing ever, but he only does it for Mike.

We then spent a few days relaxing at home and those were met with challenges of their own that I will keep private but it is hard to get adjusted to not hearing bombs and guns and mortars 24/7 so I will leave it at that.

Then we left on our beloved Disney long anticipated trip. We took the dogs to the boarders and left. Seven hours later and the next morning we ended up at our Resort, Port Orleans Resort at Disney World. And as fate would have it I got sicker than sick while we entered into our blissful vacation. Upon entering the gates of Disney, seriously literally, I felt the burn of a fever blister. Then two, then three and one of them became the size of a thumb. It was extremely painful and had a heartbeat of it's own :( Then the unthinkable happened. I began to hemmorage after my surgery I had two weeks prior. After calling my doctor, we had to make an across the city of Orlando trip to Walgreens to fill several prescriptions to stop the bleeding. I felt as if I was in a nightmare. My anemia was active and I was having a hard time staying awake much less walking fourteen miles a day at Disney. Because of that alot of our stuff was limited that we did. I felt so bad for everyone because we had looked so forward to this. I tried to be a trooper it just didn't happen that way. However, I was still in bliss, I had my love next to me.

He never complained and one of my biggest regrets is we didn't ride half the rides we normally do because I was so sick. And I forgot to mention it was the most crowded I have ever seen Disney and I've gone during Star Wars Weekends before. Nothing can touch Spring Break at Disney and I will never ever go during that time period again.

We came home and finished out our R and R and I must tell you that him walking away from me at that airport on that day in April was one of the single most heart wrenching days of my life. Our hearts were breaking, he didn't want to go, the tears flowed freely. I missed him and he was sitting next to me. I love that man more than life and I never knew that emotional pain could be far worse than physical pain. My heart hurt, emotionally and physically. And that was the first time I said in six months, "Damn you deployment, I hate you".

No comments:

Post a Comment