Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 8, 2011

We are on the Home Stretch!

It's been a few months since I've last updated and I promise now that I have dedicated time every Tuesday and Thursday while waiting in between classes I will update. Since May, much has happened. In May, Brittany and I went home for a week to see family and eat Cashew Chicken Springfield Style. It was a very eventful beginning because we had major car issues. Right outside of Fort Campbell, Kentucky, our car sudddenly lost all power and stopped and nearly killed us. We were traveling in the fast left hand lane and when we lost all power there was a Semi behind us. It was the scariest thing I've ever experienced as a driver. Then of course, our warranty insurance wanted to pick us up in the tow truck but not our dogs. I was NOT leaving my dogs in the car on the side of the highway. So, finally we found a towing company that towed our car and let Brit and I ride in their tow truck. Thank God for the Jeep dealer near Fort Campbell they were awesome to us. After going to a car rental agency, thinking we were going to have to rent a car, the dealer called and it was just my Battery!!!! Are you serious? We nearly died for a battery? Apparently Jeep has a "safety" mechanism that when the battery is low it powers down the entire car! What in the world is up with that Jeep? I love you but I am not fond of your measures.

The rest of our trip was fun though, we were full of Chinese and Rib Crib and our beloved Nakatos. I got to reminice with an old friend from high school that I had not seen in eighteen years!

In June our summer in North Carolina began with a bang, it was so hot here from May on really but June was blistering. The pools here don't really open until after school ends in mid June so that stunk for those of us that are heat challenged. I traveled to Georgia to teach coupon classes in June and that was actually a fun trip. I never thought in my life I would ever see a true KKK sign until I did in rural Georgia. When I say Rural I mean , the post office is in a portable trailer rural. Got it?

July was good, Fourth of July was awesome as Bragg did their annual 4th of July celebration. This year Little Big Town came with the Charlie Daniels Band. I love Little Big Town as their song "Boondocks" reminds me of my hometown in Missouri. The rain tried to dampen our parade at the end of the night but it didn't do it's job and we were still able to enjoy the fireworks. I loved the parade of state flags, oddly that was probably one of my highlights yelling for Missouri when I saw our red, white and blue, flag with the bear. Proudly I screamed at the top of my lungs. I missed home but I have to admit that I was glad that James River (our home church) was not doing their celebration this year due to selfish reasons. I didn't feel like I was missing out on as much. We had gone to James River for years and last year was so hard on us not being there. Next year we will be there.

August brought alot of joy in our house and anticipation. I went to Missouri the first part of August again to see the family. This time I flew in. Who would have thought that I would be comforting anyone in an airplane. I met a wonderful lady on there on the trip back and I loved talking to her. Her son attended church camp but they were from Brazil I believe and they were traveling with him. Very nice Christian lady and I enjoyed her talk immensley. She kept my fears at bay while on this trip.

I started school in the middle of the month and it seems so surreal to me to be back in the classroom especially taking undergrad classes as a graduate student. Eh. I am not thrilled to be doing that however it has to be done in order to teach on post. This semester I am taking Middle School Curriculum and NC History. (required) Since I have done high school before I have to take this Middle School class and then of course since I am history teacher I have to learn NC History in order to be able to teach NC History and help my students pass a NC State test at the end of their eighth grade year. I know nothing about this state but I am slowly learning. I so wished I could have taken this class online. It is so boring to me.


The month of August ended with tragedy in Mike's unit as two soldiers lost their life in this war. One of them was a friend of mine's husband and that makes it even harder for me. The last two weeks have been just a blur to me but every day is getting better. School is helping me get through the if ands or buts of each day.

Now, we are in September and the weeks are ticking down until my love comes home again. I cannot wait for this event to transpire. I feel like that our house will be complete again. I put out my fall decorations yesterday and I don't feel as if I have enough yet. I just want the house to be perfect for when Mike comes home. I want to be able to just relax and not have to clean or organize for a bit after his arrival :) I cannot wait. I just cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment