Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Year Without My Love.....Begins Now.

We are home from our journey in the Carribean Ocean and I came home to an empty house. Michael is gone now for a year to Afghanistan. It is so hard to believe he is actually gone and I won't see him again until his R and R. For now, we are going to keep this blog about Mike and his adventures in the sand box and then our life here at Bragg without our Daddy and husband. It is very important to us that Brittany is remembered too and her loss for her Dad right now being so far away is an important factor to keep in mind. Right now she is choosing to hang out in bed listening to music and watching t.v and for this week I am letting her do just that. Every time I see her I see that man in her face, she is her Dad's spitting image and acts just like him. I thank God for that every day.

As far as Michael goes, he is at his final destination I believe. I will have more cement information as he tells me but I have not heard from him in two days as they have been traveling. I will get an address up here as soon as I can. He had internet connection before with the laptop but as far as I know, he does not any longer, which just plainly STINKS. I am praying that changes.

Here on the homefront, we have had some excitment. Nothing huge just some trials are happening that are determined to bring us down, but I refuse to let that happen. Our hot water heater went out today so now showers. However, Picerne Military Housing got us a new one in just an hour or so and they are here now installing it. You can't ask for better service than that! It are times like these when I am SO greatful that we live on base and not off post.

I will post again as soon as I hear from Mike, I just wanted to do another blog to let everyone know Michael is safe at his destination and to ask for constant prayers for him. Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment