Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our Weekend Excursion

Michael was off on Friday with the rest of his unit for "family day" which we loved. I went to lunch with an old friend from high school that I have become reaquainted with in the past two years. Angie and her family are from the Fayetteville area thank goodness so I am able to visit with her when she is here to see her parents. Her spouse and herself actually live in Charlotte however she is here a lot! Yay for old friends! Ang and I went to Red Robin where I successfully had my first car blunder in North Carolina. I high centered the car over a driveway divider. I have never in my life seen a yellow divider in the parking lot of a restaurant saying which way you can go. Well, my Grand Prix and I now have. Won't be making that same mistake again! Scared the bejeezus out of me.

On Saturday, Brit, Mike and I took our two babies to Bed and Biscuit Kennel in Stedman, not far at all from our hotel home. We then headed southeast toward Myrtle Beach. The traffic was dreadful but two hours later, we entered the surf. It was amazing to have my toes in the water again. I am a beach girl and plan to be near water for the rest of my life in some form. My worst nightmare could be getting stationed again at Fort Leonardwood because I cannot reach the beach in a day from there :( I would be devastated to be away from the East Coast.

Our family went to Dick's Last Resort for dinner and it was amazing! If you do not have thick skin or small children DO NOT GO THERE. PERIOD. The F bomb is dropped constantly as are the words "homo" and several other graphic words. They are all about being rude to you. For example, I asked for a salad and our server called me an "Effin pain the a**". It really was hilarious and he had our sense of humor and because Mike has told me for ten years about Dick's in San Diego, I KNEW what I was getting myself into. My daughter on the other hand, was pissed. When they realized she was quiet, she set off alarms to be picked on and he did a great job. He threw seven rolls of silverware at her. Brought all the coleslaw out and threw it at her at once for her to distribute to everyone "it's not in his effin job description to pass out the side orders" or so he said. It was hilarious really because after she warmed up to him it was a hoot. Then they make hats for everyone (picture KKK hats) out of paper. They are like two feet tall and really the only way to describe them is the previous parentheses. Everyone gets a saying written on them. For example, mine read "Gravity SUCKS" with two huge boobs drawn on them. Anyone that has seen me knows there is a reason for that, I wear a 42 DDD. Mike's was made extra big and it went over his head but was too huge to fit on it. And it read "This is how my condoms fit on me".....I told you graphic but funny.

We then decided to stay on the Coast and explore Wilmington on Sunday. We stayed at a Best Western about ten min out of Wilmington that was only a couple of months old. It was a grand hotel. Loved our stay and we will be back again to that same hotel, wonderful amenties. Today, we woke up and just began to explore Carolina Beach and we fell in love with the beach itself. So much more relaxing than Myrtle Beach even though Myrtle was a blast. Myrtle was more party place with a big group : for us, we will stick to Wilmington and Carolina. When I have friends or family in we will do the loop that we did this weekend, start in Myrtle and stay at Wilmington also. They are both awesome places. That is it for now. Mike should be on Permissive TDY Leave for the next ten days. We will keep you posted on any new developments in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment